In today’s world, average online attention span of your target audience is falling.
You would stay longer, if instead of a written text post this were a video.
“Businesses who are using explainer video are seeing 49% faster (on average) growth in sales and revenue.”
Vidit Gandhi, Video & Digital marketing expert and founder of FlashyVideo.com – an animation explainer video company, knows how useful video storytelling is.
Vidit points out that Dropbox – file hosting service provider, was able to increase their sales and conversions by 10% just by simply adding an animated explainer video. This resulted 10 million extra users to Dropbox.
“It’s the best way to engage and attract your target audience and can provide 80% boost in conversion rates.”
Explainer videos are far better than traditional webpages or blog posts for user engagement.
Whether you want to market complex software, or a simple product, an animated explainer video is the best way to tell your story.
Below is the interview with Vidit to help brands and startups know the use of such explainer videos successfully.
Question: What is an explainer video? How it can help new businesses?
Vidit: Most of us don’t like to read the long entire text on landing pages or website. A short explainer video about your products or services can engage your target audience and help them understand your business. Due to the educational effect of the video, it reduces your sales cycle and you generate more quality leads, hence increase in conversions and revenue. Including an explainer video on a website or landing page can increase conversion by 80%. A good explainer video helps your sales team to focus on closing high quality leads rather than repeating the same pitch to potential clients over and over again. Also, all search engines like Google, rank webpages with video higher than webpages without video.
Question: What are the different ways to use explainer videos?
Vidit: There are several different types of explainer videos that we commonly make for clients. Some of them are the following:
- “How To” videos – These videos are for explaining about specific topics in details.
- Benefits video – These videos work well on the website or landing page to get information about your service/product right away.
- Demo videos – These videos explain the finer details about services or products.
- FAQ videos – These videos answer all common questions and they can be updated as new inquiries are received.
- Testimonial videos – These live testimonial videos are good for trust building and credibility.
Question: Which styles of explainer videos work best in different industries?
Vidit: Always Remember, the main goal is to engage and attract your target audience. If you do that, your video will be a success! An ideal video strategy should combine animation as well as live videos. The best example is businesses that sell something intangible, like service companies, can benefit most from animation explainer videos, like this one from Whatspup. A personal product, brand can benefit most from live videos.
Question: What are some components of a high converting explainer video?
Vidit: The best explainer videos include all of these aspects:
- Script – The script plays vital role and it is the heart of the video. The ideal duration of the script is approx. 90 seconds. It should show your customer as a hero with your service/product as the guide who can take them to their best destination. It should focus on the “problems or pain points” of the customer, while explaining the benefits of working with your solution.
- Voice over – The voice over you choose should reflect your brand well and should replicate your brand’s “tone” as established on your landing page or website.
- Graphics – The graphics must consider your target audience and should reflect the daily things they encounter in their professional or personal life.
- Music – Just like voice over, music plays a critical role in reflecting your brand, product or service. It needs to be keyed to bring out the right emotions from your target audience.
- Animation style – The animation style should be easy to understand and free flowing. It can be 2D animation with cartoon characters if you are a light-hearted brand, like an App company or it can be infographics as well as motion graphics video if you are a serious business in, for example, the financial industry. In the end, how your video looks, feels and works depends on your budget and brand.
- Subtitles – According to research by Digiday, Up to 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound. So subtitles are essential if you are advertising using Social media.
Question: Can marketers use any camera or iPhone and just shoot something themselves?
Vidit: I think you get what you pay for. I believe, choosing the right video partner is crucial for video marketing success.
Vidit is marketing and branding expert with a passion for helping eco-friendly and nonprofits businesses succeed. He has been associated with few start ups and some bands as a Digital & Video Marketing expert for more than a decade. He helped brands and startups to strengthen their digital presence online & increase in revenue.